PERSONAL DECLARATION AND TERMS OF NORLYS A/S DIGITAL CHANNLES
The Terms govern all we do in collecting, processing and using data. They also take your rights for access, change and deletion of personal information about you. By using our digital channels, you agree to the terms. If you disagree with the computer practices described in the Terms, you should avoid not our digital channels.
This version (v1.0) is update 10.05.2018.
Here we define some important concepts:
• Personal information is any information directly or indirectly linked to you as an individual. See the section
"What personal information do we handle?" For information about what personal information we are dealing with.
• Anonymous information is information where we have removed all identifiable items so that it is no longer possible to associate the information with you as an individual.
• Processing of personal data is any use of personal data, including collection, storage, modification, assembly, extradition and deletion.
• Our "digital channels" include our websites and other digital services such as blogs, email subscriptions and registration of information through forms.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we collect about you depends on which of our digital channels you use, as well as what information you provide for purchase, registration or other purposes.
We collect personal information like:
• You provide us, for example, when you buy or sign up for our services, subscribe to our newsletter and fill in a form, or contact us.
• Automatically detects when using our digital channels.
You are not required to provide personal information to us, but if you choose to leave, we may not be able to provide you with our services because, for example, we cannot bill you for the services or send you the information you request.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE TAKE?
We can process personal information within the following categories:
• Basic information, such as name, employer, job title, and contact information.
• Customer information, such as order information, payment information, marketing permissions, and customer support contact.
• Information generated when using our digital channels, such as technical information about the device that you use when you visit our digital channels (including date and time, what kind of PC / mobile phone, operating system and browser you are using, screen size etc.). Read more under "Navigation Information" which describes this more thoroughly.
• Any other information stored on the basis of your consent. In this case, you will receive specific information about what information we store and what they are used for when we request your consent.
Our digital channels are not intended for, or targeted at, children under 13 years of age. We do not store consciously information about children under 13 years. If you think we have stored information about a child under 13, please contact us in writing so we can delete the information.
4. NAVIGATION INFORMATION
Information about your device's specifications, software and your visit is automatically collected by us. This information may include, for example, type of browser, domain name, internet service provider, files viewed (HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, access time, and where from you arrived in our digital channels. (We do not collect IP-addresses)
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use information we store about you for the following purposes:
Deliver Services: We process personal information to provide services to you. For example, your information is processed in connection with
• Delivery of content when you request it, such as email to recipient who has subscribed to newsletter or subscription to blog updates,
• identification of customers,
• Billing and payment follow-up, and
• error correction, customer service and complaint processing.
• Development and Analysis: We process personal information to improve and further develop our services and digital channels.
• Sales and Marketing: We use personal data for marketing purposes. These activities include marketing, including
• To create audiences for marketing
• To customize and correct marketing, for example by providing recommendations or targeted content in our digital channels
• sending newsletters and other forms of direct marketing when permitted
• Information security and abuse of services: We will be able to process personal data to ensure good security in our digital channels. We will also be able to process personal information to detect or prevent various types of abuse.
• Compliance with statutory provisions: We process personal information to fulfill our statutory duties, e.g. in connection with accounting and to provide information for competent authority when this is imposed on us in accordance with Norwegian law.
• Other Purposes You Have Approved: We will be able to process your personal information for any other purpose that you specifically consented to.
We primarily deal with personal information based on consent. When processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by written inquiry.
6. HOW TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The protection of your personal information is a high priority for us, and we continuously work to protect personal information and other confidential information. Security work includes both physical, technical and administrative measures, including protection of personnel, information, IT infrastructure, internal and public networks, as well as office buildings and technical facilities.
The security work also means that we regularly carry out risk assessments and undergo various factors such as available technology, business needs and legal requirements. This will ensure that we have adequate security measures at all times, so that we can, for example, prevent personal data from being compromised.
7. TO WHOM DO WE PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We will be able to provide personal information to:
• Data Processors who work as subcontractors for us and process your information on our behalf. Such subcontractors may not use personal information for any purpose other than providing the service agreed with us. We take special precautions to make sure that the subcontractors act in accordance with these terms and Norwegian privacy laws, and especially where the data processor is located in a country outside of Norway or the EU / EEA area.
• Other parties with your consent.
We can also provide information:
• In statutory cases, for example by order from the courts, the police or other public authorities, according to strict predefined processes.
• In connection with business transfer, eg. as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets or transfer of services to another company. In this case, you will be notified by email and / or see a notice in our digital channels about any changes in ownership, use of your personal information and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
8. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes specified in the Terms, unless a longer storage period is imposed or permitted under applicable law.
Personal information is stored as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or until you ask us to forget about you and delete stored information about you. We define a relationship with us or our digital channels such as (i) being a customer of us, (ii) agreeing to receive marketing information from us, (iii) actively requesting contact with us through social media, electronic messages or online forms , (iv) been active in our digital channels after you have given your consent. The relationship is defined as active if it has been exercised during the last 24 months.
Retention of anonymous information is not subject to such limitations or requirements.
In addition, we try to ensure that personal information and other customer information is updated and correct and that we do not store any information that is unnecessary in relation to the purposes of processing personal information.
We may combine information from cookies with other information we have recorded about you and your customer relationship when permitted by applicable law or you have given us your consent.
Our sites may contain links to third party websites, products and services, including social media (such as Facebook). Third party services or third party applications available on our websites are subject to third party privacy statement. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these third-party privacy practices.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES?
You are entitled to:
• Know what information we have registered about you,
• require correct or unnecessary, defective or outdated personal information to be corrected or removed,
• withdraw or limit any consent to process personal information that you have provided. Please be aware, however, that this may cause us to no longer deliver some of our services to you,
• Disable data collection for Google Analytics.
We are committed to conducting a responsible and sustainable business. If you believe that we do not comply with these terms or applicable law, you may appeal to us or, if necessary, to the Data Inspectorate.
11. MODIFYING THE TERMS
As our business and tools evolve, we may need to update the terms. We encourage you to review the terms on a regular basis. In case of major changes, we may also try to contact you directly through available channels, such as e-mail or alerts in our digital channels.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US?
Norlys AS, Organization No. 963047959, Hovfaret 4B, 0275 Oslo, P.B 1014 Hoff, 0218 Oslo, is the processing officer for the processing of personal data under this Privacy Statement.
For questions and inquiries regarding our processing of personal information, please contact us at
+47 24 12 4010, or you can contact our privacy representative Homan Randarzan at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. ALLOWED USE
2. PROHIBITED USE
By using our digital channels, you agree that you do not want to:
• Copy, modify or imitate the work, deconstruct or disassemble the page, or otherwise attempt to detect the source code or allow a third party to do so.
• Sell, assign, resell, distribute, exploit commercially, or otherwise transfer rights to or make available to any third party, content or services in any way.
• Use or launch an automated system, including but not limited to: "robots", "spiders" or "offline readers" who use the page in a manner that sends multiple requests to the server for a given time period than would be reasonable to assume that a person can produce using regular online browsers.
• Use our digital channels in a way that destroys, disables, overloads or degrades channels, or interfere with other parties' use and enjoyment of the channels.
• Mirror or include the channels in whole or in part in any other channel.
• Try to get unauthorized access to our digital channels.
• Access our digital channels in a way other than within the framework that [NORLYS] offers for accessing the channels.
• Use our digital channels for a purpose or in a manner prohibited according to the terms.
• Any unauthorized use of the content or of the channels that may be in violation of patent, copyright, trademarks and other laws.
3. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Our digital channels are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and other laws, including trademark and copyright laws. Our digital channels, including all intellectual property in the channels, belong to and are NORLYS or its licensors (if any) their property. NORLYS has all copyright to the content. If there is no specific permission to use certain content, the content shall not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed or distributed in any way and you agree not to change, rent, borrow, sell , distribute, broadcast or create imitated work of the content on the page, in part or in its entirety, in any way. Norlys's logo and other brands used by Norlys from time to time are trademarks and Norlys AS property.
4. INFORMATION AND MATERIALS YOU REGISTER AND SHARE WITH US
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
6. DOWNLOAD OF FILES
NORLYS cannot guarantee or accept that the files available for download via our digital channels are free of viruses or other malicious code, files or programs.
7. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NORLYS and our service providers, licensors and suppliers provide no guarantee of our digital channels or content's suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, or accuracy. All information, software, products, services and graphic elements are offered "as is", without any warranty.
As far as permitted by law, NORLYS and their service providers, licensors or suppliers shall under no circumstances be held liable for any loss or damage in any form that may arise from or in connection with the use of our digital channels, regardless of whether it is based on a contract, compensation, negligence, liability, and even if NORLYS or any of NORLYS partners has been informed of the possibility of injury.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your own behavior in our digital channels. You agree to substitute, defend and hold NORLYS, its parent company, affiliates, licensors, employees, agents, and all third party information services outside of and against any claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including but not limited to direct, incidental, consequential and indirect damages) and realistic attorney expenses as a result of or due to use, abuse or inability to use our digital channels or content, or any breach of these terms.